Friday, June 18, 2010

Father's Day Weekend

I am wishing all those father's out there a safe and wonderful Father's Day! I hope the weather is nice out this weekend all the bbq's.



BACKYARD BBQ BEEF RIBS

(Make It Super Simple pg.131)



4 pounds beef back ribs, cut into serving size portions

1 1/4 cups of cherry cola soft drink

1 cup of ketchup

1 medium onion, finely chopped

1/4 vinegar

1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce

6 cloves of garlic, finely chopped

2 teaspoons of chilli powder

2 teaspoons paprika

salt

pepper

---------------------------------------------------------------

INSTRUCTIONS:



1. Season ribs with G's Salt Seasoning. Place medium-hot coals around the drip pan. Test for medium heat above the pan. Place ribs, bones side down, on the grill rack over drip pan. Cover; grill for 1 hour



2. Meanwhile, for sauce, in a sauce pan combine cherry cola, ketchup, onion, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, chilli powder, and paprika. Season to taste with G's Salt Seasoning, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer for 10 to 15 min or until desired consistency.



3. Brush ribs on both sides with some of the sauce. Grill about 30 min more until ribs are tender, basting with the sauce and turning often. Serve with remaining sauce.

5 comments:

brown silk said...

Happy Father's Day to you G.Garvin sorry its a month late but i hope all was well on your day.lots of xoxoxo pamela w.

Unknown said...

HEY GARVIN I JUST RECENTLY STARTED WATCHN YOUR SHOW. I THINK YOU ARE SO COOL SOME PEOPLE PUT ON FRONTS YOU KEEP IT REAL. I WAS WONDERN ARE YOU MARRIED IF SO THATS WHATS UP IF NOT THATS EVEN BETTER HA HA IM SURE YOU GET THAT ALOT LOL SEE YOU ON TV

Asantewaa Eriyani lo-Liyong said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Asantewaa Eriyani lo-Liyong said...

Asantewaa said...
Hi G. btw have you found that woman to love yet? and if you haven't thats good news for me. Okay hope I am not too forward here, was surfing the net for black chefs, cuz there arnt so many of them showcasing their talents on tv, and we dont get the foodnetwork in South Africa, only BBCLifestyle which means lots of British food. But is good to find a man who loves his food and enjoys making it, there is nothing more calming and exciting than making a meal filled with love and good energy. Hmm I am already getting hungry.... have to find tantalazing sweet treat for the day. Okay enough I could go on about food till Kingdom come so got to go and keep the good work. Will try some of your recipes.

Cheers
From down south

Asantewaa lo Liyong
ps. looks like every woman is looking for a man like you.... just saw July 9 comment by Nakea.
Nonetheless keep the good work... (laughing at myself right now) First and last time I ever send a message like this............. Out...

COLIN QUASHIE ART said...

G Garv! Long time my brother - just dropping a few lines to tell you that I TIVO your show and love the new informal format. I remember us talking about it in O's kitchen a long time ago. You have no idea how proud I am of you and blessed to call you a friend. Keep up the great work and I will keep watching. Holla at me and T Bell when you back down south - would love to see you. God bless!